Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Talk: "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" Mon. Feb. 2, 2015





Transcript: 

     Hi My name is Mia and I have just finished the book The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Luis Stevenson. The genre of this book is traditional literature and science fiction. The book takes place in London, England, and the main characters are Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde, Mr. Utterson, Richard, Lanyon, and Poole. In the book, Dr. Jekyll is a commonly well known doctor. He does charity work and is always experimenting or taking a walk outside. A week later however, Jekyll is found confiding himself to his room, not daring to come outside. Mr. Utterson and Richard walked passed Dr. Jekyll’s house and were talking to him through the window, when suddenly Jekyll runs out of eyesight. This is just one of the mysteries throughout the book. 
     
     The complete opposite of Jekyll is Mr. Hyde, a villainous man who has no morals, no conscious, and no feelings. The only thing he does is evil. When Hyde is mysteriously an owner of a key that leads to Jekyll’s laboratory filled with expensive equipment, Mr. Utterson gets suspicious. He investigates further on Mr. Hyde and finds out that he committed a crime of killing. When Dr. Jekyll suddenly goes missing, Mr. Utterson and Poole go to search his house for him. Instead of finding the doctor, they find the evil bona fide Mr. Hyde…. the mood of this book is mysterious and eery because of all the mysteries in the book and the creepiness of Mr. Hyde. 
    
     
I liked this book because, it was entreating and very incomprehensible. I also liked this book because, I liked the way Utterson found out that Hyde was a criminal and evil mastermind. I liked this because, it gave Utterson clues as to where to look. I would recommend this book to my cousin Juice because, he likes to read mysterious novels. Thank you:)

I commented on Sebastian's , Samantha's, Giovanna, Sam's, Jared, Emily, Evie's, Julia S., Sarai Z., and Diana's blogs. 

6 comments:

  1. From your transcript I can tell that your video would've included a lot of information that can help a person understand the book and find out wether or not they would enjoy it. I only have one question: Where is your video?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your book talk I can see that you put effort for in your writing the only problem would be a very few grammatical errors. This book talk wants to make me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you put in a lot of detail. Maybe a little too much because there were some spoilers. Other than that, this is a great book talk and I would like to read this book in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mia. I really enjoyed reading/watching this blog because it got me interested into this book and finding out what happened next. I like how you used one of our vocabulary words. You said, "...they find the evil bona fide..." I liked that you used this word because it personally helped me understand what kind of a person Mr. Hyde is. Something I don't understand is, "..bona fide Mr. Hyde…. the mood of this book is..." I don't get why you put the ellipsis. If you can explain that to me then that would be great. Other than that great job on your blog and I look forward to reading more about the book that you are reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your book talk. I did see some grammatical errors, so just fix that. Otherwise nice job.

    ReplyDelete