Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Blog for Mon. Feb. 9th "Heat" By Mike Lupica

Prompt: Pick a celebrity, family member, or a friend to describe a 3 main characters in the book.

Book: Heat 

By: Mike Lupica

Pages Read: 0-123


        The celebrity that I chose would be Jake T. Austin to play Michael. I chose this celebrity to play him because Jake T. Austin is tall, skinny, and has long arms just like Michael. I also picked him because I pictured Michael with curly hair and the celebrity has curly hair too. When I hear about Michael lying to the children social services it reminds me when Jake T. Austin was acting "Hotel For Dogs". It reminded me of him because the character he plays in the movie is always lying to "official people" like Michael.
   
    The celebrity I chose to play Uncle Timo is Adam Sandler because Uncle Timo sounds funny ( he was just introduced). According to Michael, Uncle Timo looks like he needs to shave and sometimes thats how Adam Sandler looks. Manny describes his Uncle as if he is a really, really good actor, Adam Sandler is a really, really good actor.
     
    The next celebrity I am going to use to describe a character is Rowan Blancher to portray Ellie Garcia. I would describe Ellie as Rowan because she has long dark hair and big eyes just like this celebrity. Michael describes her as the most beautiful girl he ever seen, just like Rowan, she is very pretty. Unlike the person I chose to play Michael, Rowan actually is close to the age that Ellie is. Ellie just turned 12 and Rowan just turned 13, so they are pretty close in age. Ellie lives in the richer part of the Bronx which shows she is a lot richer than Manny and Michael. Rowan is also rich because she is an actor and a singer.
     
    The last character I am going to describe out of the book is Manny. Instead of using a celebrity, I am using a family member. The family member I am going to use to describe Manny is my cousin Juice. I am going to use my cousin Juice because like Manny he is really funny and he plays baseball. Manny also seems a little more caring inside the book because he is always looking out for his best friend (Michael). He also wants to make sure Michael  and his brother Carlos do not get separated. My cousin is like Manny because he also looks after his sister very protective and he is caring.




I commented on Lillian M's., Sonny S'., and Giovanna G's., Blog

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mia! I really like your blog! For the first paragraph I think you need to add more details than just the appearance, and you seem kinda repetitive. I like how you compared the characters to famous people! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I sounded repetitive too, but I didn't know how else to compare them

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I don't know most of the people, you but explained well enough for me to get why you chose these people for those characters. You have very detailed writing, nice job!

    ReplyDelete