Sunday, February 1, 2015

01/30/2015 Gallery Walk

Prompt:  reflect upon your impressions of what you have learned from the array of articles     



     Today we did a gallery walk in class. I was informed about many topics including ISIS, Ebola, child trafficking, drones, etc. The three AoW's that caught my attention was Jeremiah's article which was about *child trafficking, Diana's/Lillian's which was about Cancer, and Saul's which was about ISIS' attack on Japan. My reaction to hearing about Jeremiah's AoW was kind of like "I knew this existed, I didn't know how far it has gotten." I knew that there was child trafficking, and I knew that people sell children just to make money. However, I didn't know how common it is, or how long this has been going on. My personal reaction to this would be like why would you do this inhumane thing? 

     My reaction towards Diana's and Lillian's article (which was about a new Cancer treatment). This new Cancer treatment uses laser or beams to destroy the Cancer cells. I thought this was a good treatment because, unlike Chemo, it does not attack healthy cells and tissues. It only attacks the bad or unhealthy tissue. I feel like this is a treatment that can help a lot of people, except it only works on some Cancers. I think if they worked this treatment out and fixed out the things they need to fix it would be perfect. I also thought the price was outrageous, but I can understand why. I mean, this laser treatment must cost a lot to make and to perform on a person. 

     Saul's article was about ISIS/ISIL taking two Japanese men as hostages. Not only taking them as hostages, but taking a picture of one of the hostage's named Kenji holding the other hostage's named Haruna's body which appeared to be dead. I was shocked at this news. I mean, ISIS is not new to me, I know they exist and all, but this was kind of disturbing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment