Wednesday, April 20, 2016

'Tuesdays With Morrie' Bucket List

20.04.16
Tuesdays with Morrie

Thus far, Tuesdays with Morrie is a very though provoking, and intellectual book. Morrie's thoughts and philosophies really make my brain think about my own life, and also think about the concept itself. One philosophy that made me question Morrie a lot was when he said, "don't assume that it's too late to get involved," (18.)  This statement that the elderly man stated made me question what he was doing while he thought of this. Also, whose life this idea pertains to, (who inspired him to create this concept.)

While reading page 21, I thought it was really interesting on how Morrie said, "I decided I'm going to live- or at least try to live- the way I want, with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure." This was really riveting to read because when you hear a story, for example like Hazel in The Fault in our Stars, she was really bitter and depressed because of her cancer. I mean, it's not really rare for me to hear someone not being depressed because of death, I know a lot of people like that who don't identify with their disease. I believe the shocking and engrossing idea of his statement was because when he was diagnosed, he was kind of helpless. But, I think that would be normal to hear you have a time limit.

Reading of Morrie's journey, and how he is making his last few months positive and optimistic, it's got me thinking of how I want to live my life to the fullest like Morrie. Here are a few things on my bucket list. (Some may not be as thrilling as others.)
  1. Go to Honduras. 
  2. Attend a One Direction concert, (or meet them:)  
  3. Impact someone's life. 
  4. Change the world. 
  5. Graduate college. 
  6. Meet Lech Walesa. 
  7. Buy my grandma a house. 
  8. Go horseback riding. 
  9. Volunteer in Honduras, (#1). 
  10. Visit a waterfall. 
  11. Swim with sea turtles and dolphins. 
  12. Meet Malala
  13. Open my own animal shelter. 
  14. Pay for my parents to go to Hawaii. 
  15. Go hiking in a forest. 
  16. Make my house into an orphanage. 
  17. Learn to play drums and guitar. 
  18. Meet Pastor Saeed Abedini. 
  19. Visit Ireland
  20. Hold my neice
  21. Adopt children from Honduras





No comments:

Post a Comment