Thursday, May 14, 2015

Final Reflection Blog:)


Paragraph 1 Prompts: 1- what are the three most important things you learned this year?
2- what is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

     The three most important things I learned this year is how to write an objective summary, how to state textual evidence, and how to stay organized with time management. I think learning how to manage my time is the most important because, in the beginning of the year, I always use to study on Thursday's only, and do my AOW's on Thursday's only as well. Now that I learned to organize my time and to manage what objectives I needed to get to, I can finish my AOW and blog on Monday, while Tuesday I can do my social studies AOW and science alternative assignment. I think one thing I will remember for the rest of my life would be seeing my classmates eat Sardines, and hearing Jeremiah's and Sam's rap battle. They were both very fun events to witness, especially seeing Evie eat a Sardine. How do you eat those things? Yuck!

Paragraph 2 Prompts: 3- what was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?
4- what is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

     The nicest thing anyone has done in our class this year was, having my classmates putting up my chair, and sometimes helping me with my books when I hurt my collarbone. I think it was really nice of them help me even though I declined most of their offers. I think one thing I taught Mrs. Larson was about Dia De Los Reyes, or Dia De Reyes (goes both ways.) I say this because, during our culture project, I talked about this holiday and she really didn't know what it was. (I don't know if you feel the same Mrs. Larson-ha-ha.)

Paragraph 3 Prompts: 5- in what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?
6- what was the most challenging part of this year for you?

    I think the area I most improved in was my vocabulary or my writing skills. I look back and read my novellas or short stories I wrote in like the third grade. Oh boy. They were very detailed, but on the wrong thing. Also, they had a lot of grammatical errors. I read a story that I wrote in the 6th grade or the 7th grade, and I can see the great change. An accomplishment that I am very proud of was reading is, reading 52 books for my 40-book challenge. Even though we were only suppose to read 40, ha-ha. With all the stress that developed during the 7th grade, and with all the worry of vocab and AOW's, I am shocked I surprised this class.

Paragraph 4 Prompts: 7- what was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?
8- of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

     The best piece of writing I have written this year wasn't a writing piece for this class. It was a story I wrote called Ace. It took me about 7 months to write it and I was really proud when I finished it. It's about a girl who loves volleyball, (of course,) and she gets into an accident that ends up taking her leg. I think it was my best because, I actually wrote a book that was more than 100 pages. One of my favorite books I read this year was the Hazelwood High Trilogy because; it talks about what real kids go through, and what they have to deal with.

Paragraph 5 Prompts: 9- what advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?


     I would give the upcoming accelerated 7th graders advice as to the topics of time management, organization, and studying for vocabulary. Be good with managing your time. It's going to come in handy if you have an assignment notebook, or if you write your assignments on your computer. Schedule what time you have and what assignments you are going to do during that time period. Also, be very neat and organized with your work. It's best if you get a binder with folders and prongs, or page dividers. You're going to want to keep your work separated, i.e. your AOW's should be kept separated from your vocabulary test, and vocab words. Study your vocab at least for 5 minutes a day on Quizlet. Otherwise, on Thursday night, your going to be so stressed out you will have a headache in the morning. Believe me.




No comments:

Post a Comment