Monday, February 23, 2015

Global Collaboration Project Reflection


My global awareness level was somewhat high and low. I knew some events that were happening in the world, but I didn't know everything. I mean, I really didn't look into what's happening by myself. After entering the 7th grade, I learned more of what was going on throughout the world. I learned more by having AoWs in language arts and social studies.

    After viewing the projects our pen pals have created, I learned that our schools are very different, and similar. As I learned in India they have three different houses- Shivalik, Nilgiri, Himilaya. At our school, we have A and B teams. Instead of teams and houses, in Sweden they have sections- Red, Yellow, and Orange. A similarity between our schools is, we have sports. The three schools all play basketball and soccer. Another difference in our school's is Sweden has wood work and needlework in their school. They also have recess twice a day.

     My perspective changed after our project because, I now know that not everyone is like us. All around the world there are different sports, hobbies, customs, and traditions. Like in Sweden, they take off their shoes during school. If we did that at Heritage, the school would probably smell! Sweden was a lot more different than us, I expected them to be like us except with accents!


    The most interesting thing I learned so far was that our Swedish pen-pals have needlework. I thought this was interesting because, a lot of schools don't have that. A shocking thing I learned was they have breaks to go outside twice a day (Sweden). I think that was shocking because, I didn't think any middle school did that or at the least have a playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment