Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Weekly Blog Monday Dec 1st "To Kill A Mockingbird"

Title: To Kill A Mockingbird by: Harper Lee 

Pages read: 81-146

Prompt: If you could talk to the author, what questions would you ask? Why?


     If I were to ask Harper Lee any questions, my first question would be why didn't you write any other book besides To Kill A Mockingbird? I would ask this question because Harper Lee didn't write any other books besides this one, I mean she wrote others but they all had connections to this book. When I looked at research Harper Lee has explained numerous times she did not want to deal with publicity all over again, she also states in an interview with one of her closest friends "...she had said what she wanted to say in To Kill a Mockingbird and didn’t want to say it again." Explaining that what Harper Lee had said To Kill a Mockingbird, she didn't have to say it again. These are two of the many reasons she had listed with further explanations. 

     How did it feel to get a presidential award? Would be my second question to Ms. Lee because she got a presidential award in 2007 for being involved and declared to her literature. She was given the Presidential Medal of Freedom by George W. Bush. Although throughout my research I could not find any interviews for Ms. Lee about her presidential medal, what do you think Ms. Lee would have said? I think she would say it was an honor to get awarded this medal, she truly truly deserved it. She was awarded November 5th, 2007. 

      I would also ask her why she wrote To Kill a Mockingbird? According to additional research Ms. Lee lived in a small town in Alabama like the Finches. I also learned that her father was a lawyer like Jem and Scout. I think she wrote this book to get her POV out there, also that she wrote it to make everyone realize what equality meant back then, only men were equal. What do you think she would say?

5 comments:

  1. I liked your blog, you have some interesting questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mia, I would really like the last question, I would ask that for any book.
    -The one and only, Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting blog post! Lee only wrote TKAM and nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you finished this book yet? The reason I ask is because I did not see a blog post addressing the end of the novel yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did finish the book, I have to write my blog for it this week...:) great book, although it took me a long time to read it.

      Delete