Friday, March 13, 2015

3rd Quarter Reflections :)


     Third quarter is over already? Wow! Did that go fast! I can't believe it's over! Only one more quarter left of school! I feel like just yesterday was the first day of school. The area where I think I improved the most would be writing. I feel like my writing improved a lot more than when I started 7th and even 6th grade! When I look back at my writing from when I was younger I always see grammatical errors, that I can now address and fix. I also learned how to write an objective summary the correct way, and to add no textual evidence. On top of that, I learned how to identify a conjunction and where to put a comma. I think that as I grow (as a writer), I will progress even more with my writing.

     Even though I finished my 40 book challenge, I just want to say it was a lot of fun. I read more books than I ever thought. And even book I thought would be really boring, or just for old people. I figured out I am a sucker for novels and traditional literature. The hardest part of the challenge was probably informational/nonfiction and science fiction. It was just because, I am more of a fiction or realistic fiction reader. I think if you just take your time with the challenge and don't stress it, you're going to finish it.

     The most challenge part of 3rd quarter was probably keeping my grades up, (there wasn't really a struggle in this class, so in general.) I think it was a lot more hard to keep my grades up than first quarter or sixth grade. I started with really low grades and eventually worked my way up to A's and B's. I feel that third quarter was the hardest quarter so far, it was filled with worry and stress about my grades. Which had a really bad effect on me.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment